We’re looking for feedback from our customers about future events and services. Please fill out our survey.
As we come to the end of our first full year in business we’re considering the year ahead.
In January, we’ll be switching to winter hours through March. These are similar to our original opening hours, with a few changes.
- Monday – Close
- Tuesday – 1:00pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday – 1:00pm to 9:00pm
- Thursday – 1:00pm to 9:00pm
- Friday – 1:00pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday – Noon to 8:00pm
- Sunday – Noon to 5:00pm
As usual, we will stay open later if there are events going.
Organized Play and AL have grown much larger than we anticipated; there are frequently more players than open seats. The same is true of reservations for use of our tables for private games.
Beginning in 2018:
- Table Reservation fees will be $5 per person, to be paid by the person making the reservation. This fee will be then become store credit usable for anything in the store, but not for future reservations. This is a continuation of a policy we started a few months ago. If you want to reserve space for a long term campaign, we can work with you on fees and how they’re collected.
- For D&D, and other hosted games, there is a required $5 minimum purchase for players per session. This is something you may pay in advance to cover multiple sessions.
- For event hosts – for each event you host you will get 1 free session.
- You can also earn free sessions with in-store purchases. With a $25 purchase, you’ll get a card good for 6 play sessions. With every additional $25 in purchases, you’ll get an additional card. Full cards can be added to our monthly raffle for cool prizes.
Participants of game demos, Open Play events (like Tabletop Tuesdays and Commander Night), and events with a current entry fee will not be required to pay the fee. If there’s a game you are passionate about and want to host a demo or open play, contact us.
We also realized we need to have a Return/Exchange policy:
- Items may be returned if unopened and in like-new condition within 14 days for full refund with receipt.
- Items may be exchanged if unopened and in like-new condition within 30 days with receipt.
- Clearance items may not be returned, unless defective. These items will be marked with discount labels.
- Collectible products may not be returned. These include: Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Super, Yu Gi Oh!, Final Fantasy TCG, etc.
- Special order items may not be returned, unless defective.
- Snacks and Drinks may not be returned.
Hello everyone! We’ll be closed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of January for inventory and will be re-opening on the 4th at 4pm. Commander Night will continue as planned!
We’re glad to announce that we’ve received approval for an official Pokémon League! The new season starts December 2nd, from 1pm to 3pm. We’ll have materials for 10 players so if you or your children are interested, come in and sign up!
Pokémon League is for players of all ages and all skill levels. We’re planning on running a Pokémon standard league, so only sets from XY – BREAKthrough and on will be allowed.
Hope to see you there!
We’d like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully, like us, you’re enjoying a day off, gathering with friends and family. And also like us, there’s a good chance you’re resting up for….
To show our appreciation for all of our customers, many of whom are quickly becoming like family, we’ll be opening up a couple hours early (but still late enough to sleep in 😺) and offering what we feel are some some pretty awesome deals:
In addition to this, we’ll also have several other random specials, as well as events planned throughout the weekend: Magic Win-a-Box, FNM* Draft & Modern, Final Fantasy TCG Opus IV Prerelease, D&D Adventurer’s League**, and Saturday Game Night.
With this being our first Black Friday we’re not quite sure what to expect. So, please bear with us in this. We’re working to make it great for everyone.
*each with the top prize of From the Vault: Transform!
**please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/dndaloregon/events/
We are 1 of 2 stores in Oregon chosen to host the Final Fantasy TCG: Opus IV Prerelease. Here are the details:
- Limited to 20 players – call or come in to reserve your spot!
- $35 entry fee
- Each player receives:
- 9 Opus IV booster packs
- Exclusive Prerelease Promo card of Cloud [4-145H]
- Exclusive 10-sided die
This will be a casual event to encourage open play.
Along with the prerelease kits, we will also have several promo cards from previous sets to pass out.
In case you don’t know about this great new game, or you’ve been curious and want to learn more, we will be hosting a Build & Battle event on Saturday, November 11th from 2pm – 5pm. This event is free and we should have enough materials for at least 20 players.
Our first Ixalan League has come to an end. Prizes go to:
Nate K. – Rivals of Ixalan Prerelease entry
Devin – Dragon Life Counter
Micah – Playmat of your choice
Kabrin – Deck box of your choice
We’ll have another Ixalan League starting on November 7th! We’ll have a new list of prizes and achievements for participants soon.
We’ll be closing early after the Ixalan Sealed event this Saturday so that we can volunteer at IMoGaP’s THRAG. Nick will be running a Magic draft (all money goes to IMoGaP) and Sadie will be running a D&D session. We’ve also donated several games that will be raffled off to help support them.
What is THRAG? Check it out!
We hope to see you there!
Rune & Board has a team for Extra Life 2017 and so we decided to convert one of our popular EDH/Commander Nights into a fundraiser.
Between now and October 19th, go to our Extra Life page and use the Donate button. For every $5 you donate, you get 1 raffle ticket AND 1 waiver for Commander tax during the event. Donate $25 and you get 5 raffle tickets AND a waiver for Commander tax the entire night!
Don’t want to donate online, or maybe you decide too late “Hey, I do need that waiver”? Donate in store to our big bucket and you’ll still get a raffle ticket and waiver for every $5 you donate.
During the event we’ll raffle off some cool prizes for every $50 donated, up to a maximum of $500.
Don’t donate anonymously or we won’t know who you are.
If you’ve already signed up for Extra Life, you can join our team. With your contributions, you’ll still get raffle tickets and Commander tax waivers!
We are part of the larger Wizards of the Coast Extra Life Super Team.
There’s a new Magic set so that means Magic League will be starting soon. We changed league days to Sunday this block, with league running the 4 weeks between October 1st and October 22nd. As always, you can come in any day we’re open and play games. Sign up starts this week and you can pick up your league kit on Sunday, October 1st.
For $20 you get 3 packs, a special promo card, a storage box and a match card. With your 3 starting packs, you’ll build a 30 card (minimum) deck. Record your cards and start playing! You can join the league at any time by buying packs to catch up.
You can buy a new booster pack each week AND after losing 3 matches. Matches are best out of 1. Record your matches on your match card and at the end of 4 weeks we’ll award prizes for the following:
Highest Win Percentage*: 1st and 2nd place
Most total wins: 1st place
Most total losses: 1st place
Most Games Played: 1st place
All players get a special promo card, while supplies last.
Like last season, we need a minimum of 8 players for prize payout. With more players, we’ll add more prizes. Each week we’ll have an achievement or two posted on our Facebook page so be sure to follow us. On Sundays, we’ll award prizes for that week’s achievement.
See additional rules and info on our Magic: the Gathering page.
*must play at least 10 games to qualify